Southport Grocery & Cafe supports local, nonprofit organizations & causes as much as we can. We do have a monthly Donations Budget & evaluate applications based on the guidelines outlined below. Due to the volume of applications however, we unfortunately cannot grant every request.
1. The recipient must be a 501c3 nonprofit organization. A copy of the 501c3 letter from the IRS must accompany the application in order for your request to be considered. This letter comes from the US Treasury Department.
2. The application must be received at least six weeks before the ‘pick up’ date in order to be considered. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Because of our budget, early submission of your application is recommended.
3. The organization must fall into one of the categories:
- Women’s Needs & Development
- Sustainable Food Education
- Arts & Education
- Community Development
4. We do not donate to individuals, individuals seeking pledges, multiple requests from the same organization or organizations &/or causes outside of the (store) area. Past support of an organization or an event is not a guarantee of future support.
5. Each approved organization is restricted to one donation per year.
Your complete application must be received at least six weeks in advance of your ‘pick up’ date in order to be considered. All applications are reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis, so early submission of your application is recommended.
Please visit us in-store for an application.