- September 16th, 2017
- Comments Off on A house favorite: Pickled Cherry Bombs
Haven’t had a cherry bomb pepper before? Do yourself a favor and buy a jar today! These little guys have so much flavor. The canning process mellows out their flavor...
- September 9th, 2015
- Comments Off on Preserve Periodical Vol 1
It’s a labor of love, from start to finish. We put so much into our preserves – close work with reps and direct farm sourcing, scouring for the right ingredients....
- April 20th, 2015
- Comments Off on Quick Recipe – Mostarda di Frutta Lamb Meatballs
One of our favorite underdogs that we make is our Mostarda – it’s sweet upfront with a nice amount of fruit flavor with nice mellow heat that pairs amazing well...
- April 15th, 2015
- Comments Off on Apple Butter Ribs and Cocktail Recipes – Spread Love
Bourbon Baby Back Ribs Apple butter lends a nice sweet and mellow backbone to the standard meaty flavors. 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard 1 1/2...
- April 14th, 2015
- Comments Off on Red Pepper Jelly Recipes – With All The Meals
Breakfast Sandwich A simple and effective breakfast hunger squasher, a great go-to post-late nights. Cook time: 30 min 4 english muffins 4 breakfast sausage patties 4 slices butterkase cheese, or...
- December 15th, 2014
- Comments Off on Recipes from Our Chalkboard – Our House-made Preserves
Asian Plum Marinade great for poultry, pork & beef Makes about 1 1/2 cups 1/4 cup Southport Grocery European Plum Preserves 3 T. hoisin sauce 2 T. canola oil 2...
- December 30th, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes From Our Chalkboard – Buckwheat Honey Recipes
When the cold wind comes plowing down our streets and making a warm blanket the place-to-be, we look to buckwheat honey to create a complex and rich sweetness that can...
- October 30th, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes From Our Chalkboard – Fruit Cocktail
We’ve been holding on too long to these tasty recipes featuring our house-made Fruit Cocktail – give them a go, they won’t let you down. These are perfect for harking...
- October 23rd, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes from our Chalkboard – Skillet Street Bacon Spread
We’re digging through the stacks, pulling our favorite hand-picked recipes from our chalkboard. Here is Skillet’s Bacon Spread in pure perfection, simply superb pork chops stuffed with tasty love. Pork...
- September 24th, 2013
- Comments Off on Our Recipes – Preserved Lemons
Preserved Lemons Yield: 6 canning jars with lids (1/2 pt) 11 medium lemons, organic preferable 1cup kosher salt 1cup organic sugar 6 bay leaves 3 teaspoons coriander seeds Prepare jars...